NIOK considers education of young researchers of prime importance. Education in NIOK certainly contributes to the quality of catalysis research and developments in the Netherlands. NIOK educates young researchers in the field of catalysis by offering :
- a number of courses for graduates and for master students
- outstanding MSc and PhD students a complete interdisciplinary training with a special focus on developing academic and research skills, and ultimately aiming for a future career in research in the Graduate Program Solar Fuels Catalysis.
NIOK organises annually a broad and fundamental graduate course Catalysis, An Integrated Approach, to present to starting Ph.D. students a broad overview and deep insights into modern catalysis as a whole. NIOK members themselves developed the course material, which is published as a text book. In addition, each year a number of graduate courses and workshops on special topics are organised.
Each year 40-50 Ph.D. students take part in the fundamental course Catalysis, An Integrated Approach on the island of Schiermonnikoog in the Northern part of the Netherlands.
Catalysis, An Integrated Approach presents a broad overview and deep insights into modern catalysis as a whole.
NIOK organises these graduate courses:
- Catalysis, An Integrated Approach (25-30 Nov 2012)
- Characterisation in Catalysis Research (next course not yet scheduled)
- Advanced Catalysis Engineering (scheduled for 2015)
- Catalysis for Sustainability (June 23-26, as part of the Summer School “Catalysis for Sustainability: Exploring Resource Diversity” - more information: www.europeansummerschool.eu)
Also MSc courses are regularly organised:
- Master course Catalytic Surface Science (scheduled for fall 2013)
- Master course Biocatalysis (scheduled for January 2015)